Monday, September 11, 2006

Just Another Patch Tuesday

I was trying to sing, "Just Another Patch Tuesday" to the tune of "Just Another Manic Monday" by the Bangles (am I dating myself?), but I just couldn't get it to work. Ah heck, I used the title for this blog post anyway.

We've got another Patch Tuesday upon us (Microsoft releases fixes the second Tuesday of every month) and while they are still issuing one "critical" and two "important" updates, this is probably the calmest Patch Tuesday in weeks.

The software giant will issue the bulletins Tuesday morning, and you can be pretty certain there will be some zero-day exploits - or malicious software (malware) released the same day a flaw is made public, and after the patch is released.

I get emails all the time from readers who say, "just get a Mac - you'll have no worries about spyware and viruses." And while I do agree that threats to a Mac are minimal (yes, I put it in writing), all of my subscribers and most of readers use PCs with Microsoft Windows. So I'm sticking with it.

Once again, get your Window Updates regularly or sign up for Automatic Updates.

. . . Stephanie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home